Hey Owen,

- GV is very easy to use, there is a talk plugin for the Chrome browser
(implied: you have to use the Chrome browser) which provides a nice little
phone dialer app.  What I like about the app is that it is integrated with
your Google contacts, so looking up somebody's number is slick.  Also, the
calls are crystal clear. Sometimes, rarely, a call will drop, but not often
enough to be a major issue.

- For the cell phone there is the GrooveIP Google voice Android app.  I
don't know if there is an IOS equivalent.

- Don't know about transferring your landline number. Maybe you can do that.

- I don't trust Google to not fuck this up. They are a
huge dysfunctional rich-kid bully. Spoiled, too. Arrogant, as well.  And
tone deaf to the concept of "customer" (referring now to their paying
customers, as compared to people how use their free stuff, although they
seem pretty tone deaf to folks using their free stuff as well.)

--Doug

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Owen Densmore <o...@backspaces.net> wrote:

> Doug: thanks, very clear.
>
> Couple of questions:
> - Is it pretty easy to setup and use?
> - If you give up your landline, can you transfer it to GV so you don't
> loose it?
> - How comfortable are you that Google will continue the service?
>
>    -- Owen

*Doug Roberts
d...@parrot-farm.net*
*http://parrot-farm.net/Second-Cousins*<http://parrot-farm.net/Second-Cousins>