His recent TED included remote singers via Skype with the composition
embracing the 1sec latency, see his home page:
http://ericwhitacre.com/blog/the-ted-live-virtual-choir

I dunno, I find it a really compelling idea, regardless of Eric being so
easy to find questionable.  Hey, what if he's actually a nice guy!  I find
folks of that ilk often hard to take, mainly not "self" center but "art" or
"project" centered.

What I'd love to see is him enabling a world wide Taize celebration.

   -- Owen