Amazon acquired Goodreads, http://www.goodreads.com/ .. a book
review/chat/social site.  Here's a post on the possible "evil" but it seems
Amazon is sticking to its "I'm a retailer, stupid" line and I think I agree.

http://paidcontent.org/2013/03/28/first-do-no-harm-my-interview-with-amazon-and-goodreads-on-the-future-of-goodreads/

Its interesting that, re: our recent chats about Google, Amazon seems
clear.  Its retail.  No issues.  Any evils we commit can be understood from
retail. RETAIL, get it?!

BTW: As I post this via the new GMail UI, I prefer it to the older one .. a
lot more efficient use of space, although you gotta read the manual to
figure out where all the menus/buttons are.

   -- Owen