On 4/5/13 2:45 PM, Bruce Sherwood wrote:
It is understandable that many people can't believe that we puny humans could possibly have a big impact on the environment. My parents used to refer with reverence and awe to "the inexhaustible sea"......
My favorite example is the line (paraphrased) from Larry McMurtry's characters, Jim Ragg and Bartle Bone, a pair of unlikely mountain men in a typical discussion.

   "Remember when we used to be able to catch a 100 Beav' in a winter
   right here at this bend in the river?  We been coming here for 30
   years or more and now we can't hardly find a one anymore?  What
   happened to 'em all?"

- Steve