In a recent post on Nettuts

http://net.tutsplus.com/articles/where-in-the-world-is-john-resig/
..
John Resig
discusses Kahn Academy and its computer science curriculum he's working
on.

Not so surprisingly, John is using JavaScript as the language .. which in
earlier discussion on Friam and Wedtech was felt to be difficult .. JS is
pretty quirky.

-- Owen

The initial CS curriculum you’re building is focused on teaching
programming principles using the JavaScript language (which seems obvious).
Where do you plan on taking it in the future?

We use JavaScript and Processing.js and a real-time programming environment
to give students an easy way to get started and interact with the code.
We’ve recently been finding ways to get students to collaborate on each
other’s work. When we launched, we included the ability for students to
“fork” each other’s code. We’ve added in some ways to make these forks
easily discoverable which has resulted in a number of students building off
of each other’s work. It’s fascinating to see it in progress!