I thought the tautology is that scientists are trying to converge on Truth,
but Truth is defined as what scientists converge on.
I would break the cycle by arguing that scientists are not trying to
converge on anything, at least not if they are doing it right. They would
expect that minus experimental error and statistical variation the results
of their experiments would reflect some single coherent model of reality,
even one that we currently have no conception of, but they are not supposed
to and possibly can't assume such.
-Arlo James Barnes