Could be!

Ok.  Now that that is behind us, what did the message mean?

From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Douglas Roberts
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 3:02 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Tautologies and other forms of circular reasoning.

Nick,

I surprised that you are not more conversant  in computer languages.  You're
always, well, niggling about the meaning of this word, or that one in the
context of this or that conversation.

With computer languages, there are very few ambiguities, contextual or other
wise. Kind of like mathematics. For one as worried as you often appear to be
about the true meaning of the written word, I would have thought that you
would positively revel at the ability to express yourself with nearly
absolute crystal clarity, no ambiguities whatsoever.

Could it be that you seek out the ambiguities that are ever present  in
human languages to give yourself something to pounce upon and worry over,
and to provide the opportunity to engage in nearly endless conversations?

--Doug

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Nicholas Thompson