Very interesting!  Thanks, Rich.

It's amazing to me how biologically important formaldehyde is, not only
as a toxin, but as a naturally occurring metabolite. I don't remember
when I first heart the aphorism "The dose is the poison".  But it comes
up again and again.  All the interesting chemicals are active and have
"regimes" where they're negligible, interesting, and poisonous, at least
in healthy organisms.  Damn it.  There's that magic number 3 again. ;-)

--
glen  =><= Hail Eris!