Hmm-
Ok so here's a semi-philisphical question:
Crime stinks- but aren't there better ways to adress these issues than the system we have developed?

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Tom Johnson <t...@jtjohnson.com <mailto:t...@jtjohnson.com>> wrote:

    Looking for a creative programming project?
    -tom johnson

    *From: *newsfrom...@ncjrs.gov <mailto:newsfrom...@ncjrs.gov>
    *To: *doro...@dorothybracey.com <mailto:doro...@dorothybracey.com>
    *Sent: *Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:32:33 PM
    *Subject: *NIJ Challenge: Cost-Benefit of Sex Offender
    Registration Law

    National Institute of Justice: Research, Development, Evaluation

    *Let the games begin: NIJ latest SORNA Challenge*

    Are you up for the challenge? Enter NIJ's first-ever SORNA
    Challenge! NIJ is seeking innovative ways of developing strategies
    to measure the implementation costs and public safety benefits of
    the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA)---part
    of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006---by
    improving the effectiveness of sex offender registration and
    notification programs in the United States.

    Notification and registration programs have multiple public safety
    purposes, and empirical research on sex offenders has grown over
    the past decade. No study to date, however, has examined the
    multifaceted effects of SORNA, specifically the wide range of
    costs incurred in implementing the rules or the public safety
    benefits achieved.

    A cash prize of $50,000 is available. Deadline: Oct. 31. Learn
    more. <http://nij.gov/funding/2013/sorna-challenge.htm>

    Stay Connected Twitter <https://twitter.com/OJPNIJ>
    Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/OJPNIJ>
    YouTube <http://youtube.com/OJPNIJ>
    RSS Feed <http://www.nij.gov/about/rss.htm>
    Podcasts <http://nij.gov/multimedia/podcast.htm>
    DOJ link policies apply.
    <http://www.justice.gov/legalpolicies.htm#other>

    In lieu of the NIJ Conference, we are partnering with professional
    associations and participating in their annual events. See our
    panels at IACP, IACA, and NAPSA. Learn more
    <http://www.nij.gov/nij/events/nij_conference/welcome.htm>.
    periodic e-mail notifications from NCJRS or any of its sponsoring
    agencies.

    J. T. Johnson
    Institute for Analytic Journalism   --   Santa Fe, NM USA
    505.577.6482 <tel:505.577.6482>(c) 505.473.9646 <tel:505.473.9646>(h)
    Twitter: jtjohnson
    http://www.jtjohnson.com <http://www.jtjohnson.com/>
    t...@jtjohnson.com <mailto:t...@jtjohnson.com>