Wow, "Knife Party"?  That can't be it ... unless I'm too humor-impaired. ;-)  I
was expecting something more offensive ... and more appropriate ... like "God &
Gun Party" ... or "Racists Riding Hoverounds®".  Speaking of which, I ran across
this article today:

   Race, Ideology, and the Tea Party: A Longitudinal Study
   Eric D. Knowles mail, Brian S. Lowery, Elizabeth P. Shulman, Rebecca L.
Schaumberg
   http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0067110

"The Tea Party movement, which rose to prominence in the United States after the
election of President Barack Obama, provides an ideal context in which to
examine the roles of racial concerns and ideology in politics. A three-wave
longitudinal study tracked changes in White Americans’ self-identification with
the Tea Party, racial concerns (prejudice and racial identification), and
ideologies (libertarianism and social conservatism) over nine months. Latent
Growth Modeling (LGM) was used to evaluate potential causal relationships
between Tea Party identification and these factors. Across time points, racial
prejudice was indirectly associated with movement identification through Whites’
assertions of national decline. Although initial levels of White identity did
not predict change in Tea Party identification, initial levels of Tea Party
identification predicted increases in White identity over the study period.
Across the three assessments, support for the Tea Party fell among libertarians,
but rose among social conservatives. Results are discussed in terms of
legitimation theories of prejudice, the “racializing” power of political
judgments, and the ideological dynamics of the Tea Party."

--
⇒⇐ glen e. p. ropella
Like it's screwed itself in hell