(Possibly) humorous aside: you know those silly "brain test" quizzes that get
forwarded around, where the first and last letters of a word are correct, but
the letters in between are scrambled, but you can still make sense of the
piece? When I saw this posting (in the small font that my email client uses), I
read "johncarlosbaez" as referring to Joan Baez, and followed the link thinking
I was reading a blog post by a singer/songwriter/social activist. But then, I
read the author saying that he would provide his "view of climate change as a
mathematician" and did quite a double take. For a second, my thoughts
fluctuated between "wow, they don't require must rigor in their mathematics"
and "wow, that's quite a change in direction for a famous singer to become a
mathematician" before I finally went back and looked to see who the author is.

Carry on,
Gary