On 10/31/2013 10:51 AM, Merle Lefkoff wrote:
"My priority is not to publish, but to attend my clients
properly.”  TRAINING iN MY MODEL??  Yipes!

As scary as that is, the scarier thing is that the following sentiment is consistently, frequently, and loudly repeated and ignored:

"'The essence of the criticism of [insert your favorite quantitative bullsh!t] is that it takes quantitative reasoning to its absurd extreme,' he says, 'that because we can talk about things in numerical terms, that that makes it scientific.'"

I remember one conference I went to where an audience member shouted, just before a talk, something like: "If you aren't going to show any equations, I'm leaving." 8^) And he wasn't joking.