I had a similar situation. I was recently advising some whistleblowing
academic researchers in India's leading management institute who were
pulling the chain on massive plagiarism and sexual harassment etc. and
needed a online platform

We considered Wix, rejected it as too bloated, non-SEO friendly and overly
graphic oriented.

It was a choice between a CMS like Wordpress and Drupal. Finally we opted
for Drupal. The way we did it was like this.

Got them a free "Openshift" account on Rhcloud. (Its cloud hosted on
Amazonaws). Installed Drupal with a single click. They also have 1-click
Wordpress, Joomla, Jenkins and all that stuff,
Result.
http://ernet-iima.rhcloud.com

Then I booked (they are whistleblowers wanting to stay anonymopus) a domain
for them and used CNAME etc redirects.
Result
http://iimahd-ernet.in/

Which essentially is a portal for the offending insititute's portal
http://iimahd.ernet.in/

Drupal allows, multiuser blogs, multi-user multiple forums etc and great
fluid/responsive themes which display well across desktops to tablets to
moibile devices. (Drupal has a learning curve).

Sarbajit