Bitcoin mining and the NSA does seem to me like a match made in heaven.
Mainly because they both spend a lot of time and energy breaking hashes.
The "Miners" do it to mine bitcoins whereas the NSA does it to break
encryption. It would probably be really easy for a big NSA computer to mine
some coins. They may even know some secret math tricks for reversing a hash
that normal people do not.
As a bitcoin n00b, I found this site fun and informative
https://blockchain.info/ . They even have realtime some webgl
vizualizations<https://blockchain.info/nodes-globe?series=topBlockRelay>.
You can also watch bitcoins being "minted" <https://blockchain.info/blocks>.

Cody Smith