Pamela -
He came to a book party of mine in San Francisco for "Edge of Chaos," and looked very well. This would've been maybe ten years ago. I may have smothered him with kisses, I was so glad to see him. I think he's pretty much left A-Life, and for that matter, science.

That is good to hear... I orbited Chris via the A-Life work until the late 90's and always enjoyed the specific energy and perspective he seemed to bring to everything. His inability to appease "the system" was a natural hazard of the very things that made him so amazing to me... so it wasn't surprising when he dropped out.

I do halfway expect him to pop up out of nowhere with some amazing new insight or idea, however.

Or not.

- Steve