My understanding is that the Comcast "free" wifi is a separate SSID connecting
to a separate VLAN.  This means that only Comcast customers can leech off other
Comcast customers (supposedly the traffic is not counted against the modem
customer's cap but the extra traffic could affect the customer) and some level
of attribution is possible.  Of course, you could pull off Marcus' idea by
sniffing wifi traffic of real Comcast customers looking for that SSID, changing
your server's MAC to match the Comcast customer, and then running Tor.  I would
expect that using the Comcast leech service would require some sort of login -
but I know of two common methods to bypass that hurdle.  Sometimes I never even
see the login requirement because I don't use http and even then it should be
possible to get Comcast customers to give you their userids and passwords
(hopefully the one they use to control their account) through spoofing the
Comcast leech SSID.

Ray Parks
Consilient Heuristician/IDART Program Manager
V: 505-844-4024  M: 505-238-9359  P: 505-951-6084
NIPR: rcpa...@sandia.gov<mailto:rcpa...@sandia.gov>
SIPR: rcpar...@sandia.doe.sgov.gov<mailto:rcpar...@sandia.doe.sgov.gov> (send
NIPR reminder)
JWICS: dopa...@doe.ic.gov<mailto:dopa...@doe.ic.gov> (send NIPR reminder)