http://wondermark.com/1k50/

On 10/3/14, 11:08 PM, Nick Thompson wrote:

Gil,

It's a sad man who takes computer advice from the likes of me, but .... I did get into a similar tangle with my dying dell a few years ago, and I discovered that by using the resource manager in the resource tab of the task manager, I could identify programs that were grabbing resources and murder them. There were some strange culprits, you-tube and skype, for instance.

Good luck.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University

http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/ <http://home.earthlink.net/%7Enickthompson/naturaldesigns/>

*From:*Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] *On Behalf Of *Gillian Densmore
*Sent:* Friday, October 03, 2014 9:48 PM
*To:* The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group; wedt...@redfish.com
*Subject:* [FRIAM] second computer issue

Anyone have some ideas what'd cause a Del to constantly only say it's at 80% ram use with only firefox open.I ask because recently the damn thing when I run firefox slows to a crawl, ctr-shift-esc says it has 80% of the ram used, and 10% of the CPU used.

When I tride googling nothing stood out.

I just need the damn thing to stay together long enough to be able to backup.