It's interesting that the basic act of comparison shopping is thwarted by
the need to keep your own phone number while testing.  If you aren't
getting the calls that you normally would get, then it's pretty hard to
judge the coverage.   Just because it says x-bars doesn't mean that it
won't drop the call or fail to ring.

I've been perfectly happy with t-mo since I switched from sprint a decade
ago, but I'm not very demanding.  My wife switched from t-mo to att to get
an iphone, then to verizon to get new mexico coverage while on the road,
and she pays more than twice, maybe thrice the monthly bill that the whole
rest of her family pays.  It's interesting that you can judge the obscenity
of a company's profits by the kickbacks of their profits they offer to
entice you into signing up.

-- rec --