You're welcome indeed!  Love that I find it via Melanie/Twitter serendipity.

Your summation should get some good responses, either here or on the Edge:

Here's my belief:  We long to save and preserve ourselves as a species. For
all the imaginary deities throughout history we've petitioned, which failed
to save and protect us—from nature, from each other, from ourselves—we're
finally ready to call on our own enhanced, augmented minds instead. It's a
sign of social maturity that we take responsibility for ourselves. We are
as gods, Stewart Brand famously said, and we may as well get good at it.

​Nice!

   -- Owen​