I would be interested (sorry to send this on-list, but at least it is FriAm
rather than WedTech :P -- I thought people might be vaguely mollified by
any information in the following link), it looks like there are drivers for
GNU/Linux systems:
http://kludger.blogspot.com/2013/07/using-epson-perfection-1650-scanner-on.html
I can come into town to pick it up.

However, perhaps it would be best to wait; perhaps someone needs it more
than I, since I have a scanner (which is broken but may be simple to fix)
with a higher resolution in one direction (2400dpi vs 1600) and a larger
bed (9" x ~12" rather than 8.5" x 11.7") than the scanner you are offering
(so it would be wasteful to have the Epson [and have to make a similar post
giving it away somewhere later] if I fix my HP), according to these specs
<http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/ProductQuickSpec.jsp?infoType=Specs&oid=6464131&category=Products>
.

-Arlo James Barnes