Glen -

Are you trying to "chap my a**" ?

I *knew* I could depend on you to suss out another level of meaning in any words I used ;) Much appreciated!

The article leaves me wondering two things:
Does NASA study this stuff as well? Seems like space colonization might hinge on this... keeping a healthy microbiome in a microgravity and overly sterile environment. Are *we* a key part of the microbiome of the planet? It seems like *we* are an essential element of the "living crap" of mother earth and our "virulent" destruction of other species and habitat even for ourselves, might have similar implications. Though I suppose that the analogy might be better with the "skin biome"?

In any case, maybe someone should dose Nick's coffee with a fresh innoculant? This might be an important reason to attend FriAM, to maintain a healthily compatible "collective biome" by "shooting the shit" in person? I do sometimes imagine ourselves (on this e-mail list) as Asimov's Solarians in our "Splendid Isolation", communicating via "Holograms"...

    http://asimov.wikia.com/wiki/Solaria

- Steve