Or how about (the perception of) clear thinking motivated by a recognition of
mortality.   And an ugly consequence of YOLO.

-----Original Message-----
From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of glen
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:05 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam@redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] I am Cancer, hear me roar! (with segue into Chimerism and
Epigenetics)

On 09/24/2015 09:54 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> Let's assume the bad behavior has nothing to do with the "increased mental
> acuity".  What is the cancer drug he attributes to his discovery of time
> travel?   The pharmaceutical company would no doubt like to know too.

I don't remember the details.  But it was speculated (by one of the local
dorkbot guys) to be a result of stem cell therapy.  It's typical to take a
traditional therapeutic route the 1st and even 2nd round.  So, my guess would
be the stem cell therapy was the 3rd round of treatment.  We build resistance
against drug and chemo classes during each round, which is why they usually use
different treatment each round.  And I'm ignorant about Hodgkins, which is
different from mine.  But I don't know the timing, whether he filed the patent
prior to the 3rd round or what.

I kinda stopped watching Portlandia.  But it's _very_ Portlandia to have a
bunch of lab equipment where you try to do things like "make absinthe" ...
whether or not most of these Portlanders are actually cooking up date-rape
drugs or are simply curious DIY makers is a question the TV show should pursue
... falls right in line with the Shanghai Tunnel tradition here ... maybe
that's not hipster-funny enough, though.

--
⇔ glen