I've only ever really had that happen on patch Tuesday. Its damned
annoying - I usually don't lose any data as a result, but it can take
half an hour or so to get the machine rebooted back to a working state on a
Wednesday morning. Particularly if your overnight C++ build failed as
a consquence of the reboot.

I haven't used Windows much since 2012, though, so can't comment on
recent releases.

Cheers

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 10:31:35AM -0600, Douglas Roberts wrote:
> I believe that if you look in the Open Microsoft Specifications
>
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd208104.aspx
>
> you will find that spontaneous reboots are required as per the Technical
> Specifications section, here:
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj712081.aspx
>
> Be prepared to wait for the document, however, because the
> msdn.microsoft.com server apparently rebooted while I was trying to view
> the document.
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Gillian Densmore <gil.densm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > (Windows frustrates me but that's different thread)
> >
> > Anyone else have there windows box seemingly reboot for no reason?
> >
> > I left mine on overnight, had some setup projects I'm working on set up.
> > Come back to find it had rebooted. Nothing in settings stands out in the
> > update settings (don't like those).

> --
>
> *Doug robertsd...@parrot-farm.net <d...@parrot-farm.net>*
> *http://parrot-farm.net/Second-Cousins*