Nice question. Probably needs more information though to answer for
near some boundary conditions.

http://www.igsoc.org:8080/journal/34/116/igs_journal_vol34_issue116_pg64-70.pdf

"ABSTRACT : A theory of icicle growth is presented. ... A
time-dependent computer model based on the theory shows that the
growth of an icicle is a complicated process, which is very sensitive
to the atmospheric conditions and water flux"

I'm crossposting your query to some physics experts at
http://www.physicstutordelhi.in to ask students as a test question