From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Patrick Reilly
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2015 10:13 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam@redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Physicists and Philosophers Debate the Boundaries of
Science | Quanta Magazine

Hi Tom:

Thanks for turning me on to this article. It's valuable to known that we are
likely 10 EE15 degrees away from observing the true fundamentals of physics.

On another note, the discussion of the  "rationalists" v. "empiricists"
crystallized in me how to best argue against Libertarian-hacks and Marxist
fops; the imagined "principles" of political and economic dynamics empowers
empiricists to promise candy mountains when we are better off observing the
actual effect of actually instantiated policies and laws. The US used to be the
world leader in social pragmatism . . .

Great article!

---   Pat

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 3:59 AM, Tom Johnson <t...@jtjohnson.com