For the analogy to work, we'd have to use corewars or tierra or somesuch.  The
ben-ware, in competing for the available resources, prevent the mal-ware
population from exploding.  And we'd have some who had to take regular ben-ware
supplements in order to mitigate irritable-output-syndrome and
cpu-overgrowth-syndrome.

Personally, I use the analog of frequent, broad-spectrum, antibiotic treatments
... on my phone, at least.  Nothing beats a ROM wipe every week or two to keep
your system clean!