Thanks, R., for the heads-up about this book.  Penny, who makes a habit of
feeding books to all the other members of her family, will probably place a
copy at my place at the table sometime in the next few weeks.

The Peirce’s were originally Dutch, I think, and their name was spelled “Pers”.
 In any case, that is how the name Peirce was pronounced, not in the German way
which would have made it something like p[eye]rce.  I don’t know Peirce’s love
thing.  I will have to look it up.

Where were you for the hurricane?  I terrorized my entire extended family about
it for a week, and once I had FINALLY overcome their resistance and got them to
change their plans because of it, it went docilely out to sea.  Nobody is
speaking to me.  As one my relatives observed riley to another , “Well, Nick
was only off by 15 hundred miles.”  Good for you that I forgot about you or you
would have had your book on stilts and shipped to Worcester, all for nothing.

But do take care,

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University