I dunno, folks.  Requiring a mouse to die of starvation thirst, or slow
suffocation while its feet are glued to a piece of cardboard seriously does my
animal rights, thing. And I am an enthusiastic meat eater.   Talk about
restless leg syndrome.  Drowning would be better.  Best would be to have the
courage to hit it with a hammer.

Or use spring traps.  Bait UNSET traps with peanut butter for a few days to
establish contact with the mice.  Make sure they are taking the peanut butter.
Then, one night set all the traps.  If you are squeamish, give yourself the
dispensation to throw the caught mouse and trap together into the garbage and
buy another trap.  I gave myself that dispensation for my 70th birthday.  Tom,
do you ever leave your doors open in nice weather?  I think our mice got in
during the lovely fall weather and liked it so much they decided to stay.

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/>