Nick and Cody,

Cody exposed a chink in the problem. The object is not the beginning of the
issue it is

the Robin’s mind that imparts the response in particular the male robin’s brain.

When the Brain connects a visual stimulus with a comparison pattern in storage,
a certain threshold

initiates an entire array of physical responses. If the stimulus remains fixed
the male will beat himself to death

upon meeting his own reflection. The object only acquires a status once
observed.

Cody knows the fuzz is fuzz but the Robin’s knowledge is more immediate and
perhaps based on a fixed neural algorithm

Knowledge makes a difference.

I raised hunting dogs for years and observed that Borzois attack anything that
is moving quickly. And lose interest when the object

stops. Then they just walk around looking for something new.

The brains are the culprit, they give the object some meaning deservedly or
not. Larger Brains have the luxury of choosing from a multiple

of choices.

So the brain’s basic structure initiates responses without cognition, the act
of choosing

may be a mark of higher intelligence,

perhaps the reason we fail is that few people know their own minds. But we are
aware of our actions.

This is hauntingly like a recursion problem where one part of the brain is
required to monitor another part while it is working and before the body moves.

Then it must connect a complex brain activity with the reality of an automobile
accident.

vib