Seems like the type of thing this group likes to digest. (Note, there is an
outline of the talk below the video, so you don't need to watch anything.)

http://heterodoxacademy.org/2016/10/21/one-telos-truth-or-social-justice/

The argument is that Universities have put themselves in a bind, because
you cannot be fully dedicated to both "the truth" and "social justice".
This is not at all to say that students should be discouraged from
working towards social-justice causes, but rather that the colleges must
reassert themselves as a space in which, when multiple values
collide, "truth" is the fundamental telos. Or, at the least, colleges
should explicitly choose one or the other, and be upfront with prospective
students about which they have chosen.  In summary, Haidt states:

"As a social psychologist who studies morality, I have watched these two
teloses come into conflict increasingly often during my 30 years in the
academy. The conflicts seemed manageable in the 1990s. But the intensity of
conflict has grown since then, at the same time as the political diversity
of the professoriate was plummeting <http://heterodoxacademy.org/problems/>,
and at the same time as American cross-partisan hostility was rising
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/01/07/the-top-10-reasons-american-politics-are-worse-than-ever/>.
I believe the conflict reached its boiling point in the fall of 2015 when
student protesters at 80 universities demanded <http://www.thedemands.org/>
that their universities make much greater and more explicit commitments to
social justice, often including mandatory courses and training for everyone
in social justice perspectives and content.

Now that many university presidents have agreed to implement many of the
demands, I believe that the conflict between truth and social justice is
likely to become unmanageable.  Universities will have to choose, and be
explicit about their choice, so that potential students and faculty
recruits can make an informed choice. Universities that try to honor both
will face increasing incoherence and internal conflict."