Yeah. I think the blurbs I read talk sugested them. YAR!

Their was some other company I can't remember the name of sugested in my
search. They're working with google somehow so as Google-Voice works with
them somehow. One part of the issue is these guys (illegally) use fake
names and numbers.
The (potentially) kind of cool side effect of that is trying to get some
sanity and 'just works' with phones and internet. Their's a bunch of ideas
and (alpha) tools roaming around. One was inspired by star trek's 'hailing'
frequency system. From what I gather seeing if ol'fationed landlines can
somehow talk to the cloud. Admitedly I read that after having a little
nyquil as I've got a low grade bug.  I might simply be wrong or misread the
blurb on Tech Republic.