From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Alfredo Covaleda
Vélez
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2017 10:20 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] What do we do Now?

Sorry Frank. My post loose the point. Speech is correct, is people who can make
a difference.

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Alfredo Covaleda Vélez <alfr...@covaleda.co>
wrote:

Maybe Trump’s presidency and Brexit, will lead to the end of Globalization.
Movement of capitals, people, goods and services are key elements in the actual
global order. Your next president trusts in a closed economy to improve US
home´s incomes . Maybe he is supposing a local consume which will be enough to
improve internal economy. He pretends to make capitals to return back or
attract new ones to USA. But, I’m not sure if talking loud and being rough is
enough to improve economy. USA minimum wage is around $7.95/hour while in my
lovely third world country, for example, it is $0.99/hour. I guess
manufacturing in USA is expensive, even more if he will increase the minimum
wage (just a little) as he said during campaign, and even more if he avoid some
kind of immigrants, who are cheap workers inside USA boundaries and help to
reduce costs in some part of the production chain. Maybe Trump does not
understand what is competitiveness because he is not an industrial, he is just
a real estates and entertainment man. I wonder if improving infrastructure can
help to create 13 millions of jobs. ¿Where does money come from to build or
repairing bridges and highways? He has said he will reduce number of taxes and
abolish some others. He criticized Hillary because of his connections to Wall
Street, and now he chooses a former executive of Goldman Sachs for Treasure
Department. ¿Where is the difference?

Managing economy like a real estate business is not the worst part, maybe there
is a little probability he will succeed, but I don´t think he will. Probably
the worst of everything is that he has already generated negative social
impacts and probably he will make to lose US social achievements. He has
already increased local racism tensions giving steps back in the construction
of a civilized nation. Somewhere I read that the woman elected by Trump to be
chief at the Department of Education, was the first person who transferred
public budgets to private education. It is a bad sign. Starting from his
position as Climate change denial, not only regulation will be weak, but some
kinds of scientific research will lack of support. It is bad, if factories from
China will return to USA, USA will be again the most pollutant country in the
world.

He has already achieved a lose of confidence and respectful from the «friendly
world» with respect to USA, and I am sure it is a factor when people make
consume decisions (my next pair of shoes will not be wolverine brand).

11/09 was not the break point, nor 2007 - 2008 financial crisis. Maybe Trump’s
presidency and Brexit are an inflection point.