Glen writes:

<Hm.  You sound like an optimist.  The more likely outcome is that more people
end up believing we need a "strong man" like Trump or Erdogan to take the fight
to the bad guys ... more military, less education, less healthcare, less
science ... thereby granting the wishes of their authoritarian brethren in ISIS
and the Taliban.>

I've been teasing the young ones today, but this
one<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/04/arts/music/ariana-grande-one-love-manchester-benefit-concert.html>
 raised £2.7m for the British red cross with a week of preparation.   She
should run for office!  Meanwhile, I’m looking to watch a darker spinoff of
Portlandia<http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/06/antifa-movement-anti-trump-politics-nazi>.

Marcus