Gil -

I don't know what kind of "hive bugs" you are talking about.   The most
obvious in our environs would be wasps, followed by bees, with ants and
termites burrowing.  I'm fairly confident that *all* wasps/hornets build
new nests each spring.

I know the main contact for honeybee relocation in NNM if it happens you
have a swarm of honeybees that settled at your house this summer.   Any
"hive" you have (most likely paper or mud) would long since have been
vacated (only the queen survives through the winter in hibernation) and
will not be re-used next year... you can simply remove it and destroy it
or put it somewhere auspicious and call it art.

- Steve