Heh.  No, I've been more than fair, explaining my "different understanding of
belief" over and over again.  8^)  You simply ignore what I write.

I'll try once more, I suppose.  Belief is a thresholded amount of confidence in
one's ability to control an interaction with the environment.  Doubt is a
thresholded amount of *lack* of confidence in one's ability to control an
interaction with the environment.  Because these are differences in *degree*
not *kind*, it is completely reasonable to say you doubt everything and/or you
believe everything, merely to greater or smaller extents.

Some people have very high/low thresholds (for belief/doubt, respectively).
Others, like me, have a very high threshold for belief and also a very *high*
threshold for doubt.  E.g. let's say both you and I are ~90% confident the
floor is there in the morning.  You draw your threshold for belief at 80%.  The
you believe the floor is there.  I, however, draw my threshold for belief above
99%.  Hence, I do not believe the floor is there.  Similarly, let's say you and
I both have ~25% confidence in the existence of unicorns, let's say you draw
your doubt threshold near 10%.  Then you do not doubt the existence of
unicorns.  If I draw my threshold near 30%, then I do doubt the existence of
unicorns.  (It should be clear that I draw my doubt threshold much higher than
30%, though.  I not only doubt the existence of unicorns, but horses and
rhinos, too.  To be clear, I think confidence is *more* ontological than the
doubt/belief thresholding. In "hands-on" people, confidence will be correlated
with the variation in the particular system.  And the extent to which the
thresholds differ from one person to the next, or from one moment to the next,
is questionable. And both probably vary between people, cultures, etc.  Many
men tend to feel the need to *pretend* to believe things they don't actually
believe.  I'm sure the same is true for many women.  Teenagers seem to believe
more things, like their ability to drive and text at the same time, than
octogenarians. Etc.)

In other words, for me, if there's any conscious effort AT ALL involved in some
control process, e.g. sprinting 100 meters or arguing about cosmology, then I
*doubt* my handle on that process.  And that means I doubt everything I'm
*aware* of.  Granted, there are some things I could be said to believe beyond a
shadow of a doubt.  For example, during my chemo, I forgot my master password
for one of my databases.  Prior to that episode, I'd never forgotten such
things.  In fact, the way I "remembered" it, finally, was that I simply kept
trying to type it.  I probably tried 100 times or more, hoping the finger
movement would remind my mind of what it was.  It eventually worked.  So, prior
to the episode, I *believed* that password and believed in my ability to type
it.  I now doubt it ... one more thing to doubt along with everything else.

My test for whether *you* believe something would depend fundamentally on where
you've drawn those thresholds.  If you're like my neighbor, who is a Christian,
and claim to believe outlandish things, I'd have no choice but to analyze and
(Socratically) question you to see if I could locate your thresholds on the
real spectrum we all face: uncertainty/variation in our control systems.  I
know people who seem to take for granted their ability to, say, flip a coin
over their fingers or stand up without sharp pains searing through their lower
back.  My guess would be they believe in their dexterity and properly fused
sacral vertebrae.  I do not.

[sigh]  I look forward to a response in which you actually discuss some of the
ideas I've written, rather than simply restating your position yet again.

--
∄ uǝʃƃ