One can also have procedures bound to types where the procedures are pure.
OOP does not imply methods that have privileged access to state, although this
is common with languages like C++ and Java.
In contrast, a method (or type bound procedure) can have privileged access to
the meaning of state when state is provided (as an argument).
Haskell basically requires this approach and Fortran 2008 facilitates it.

On 7/17/18, 9:05 PM, "Friam on behalf of Russell Standish"