Bah!  If you are, as I am, a post-modernist, explanatory power reduces to
evocative power.  Whatever I can do to evoke a predictable response in the
audience is adequate.  Although I count myself a fan of Wittgenstein's STFU
approach, I can't deny the power of those who just never STFU. (Witness the
interminable chants at the various pro-this, anti-that rallies.)  It's a kind
of hypnosis ... a droning on and on until you win over your audience with tone
and rhythm more so than content.

But w.r.t. Zweigneiderlassung, I'm currently enthralled with McShea and
Brandon's concept of the ZFEL and "pure complexity", which (in my ignorance)
disallows reliance on "branching" as a core concept.  Simple counting seems
more appropriate, especially since that makes sense to most people.  I admit
that McShea and Brandon seem to be relying fundamentally on some implicit
spatial sense.  But perhaps that's OK in this context?

--
☣ uǝlƃ