Well, Ok.  I can see that it's sort of like Carl Tollander's

"Let there be a spherical cow," which always makes me smile.

Or

Even the micro economists',

"Let there be a fully informed consumer."

But how do we tell the jokes from the foundational insights:

Like: "Let there be a number which when multiplied by itself equals -1.

Or that howler of mathematical howlers: "Think of a number greater than any
number you can think of."

Or Knewton's  Knee-slapper: "Calculate the acceleration at an instant."

Bridges built and airplanes flown on gales of laughter.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson
Clark University