It's all about the LOC! Actually, I kind of agree - having worked on
some MegaLOC codebases that functionally seemed to be no more complex
than a 10KLOC project I'm involved in, the 10KLOC project is much more
nimble - compile times are far less, making changes to the code easier
and bugs less troublesome to winkle out.

I've also refactored or rewritten pieces of code to slash the LOC by a
factor of 3 or more for that particular section (eg 3KLOC -> 1KLOC) -
but usually when bugs and problems kept on cropping up in that
section.

Even though the LOC is an entirely bogus measurement - if you paid a
programmer by LOC, you'd get boilerplate and crappy comments.

Dr Russell Standish                    Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
Principal, High Performance Coders
Visiting Senior Research Fellow        hpco...@hpcoders.com.au
Economics, Kingston University         http://www.hpcoders.com.au