Because I failed to precisely satisfy what I inferred from EricS's post [†],
I've engaged in a little self-criticism regarding what I thought when Dave
wrote the phrase "postmodern methods". My intro to postmodernism was from
Umberto Eco, who circumscribed postmodernism nicely in the following 2 links:

https://alittlefish.wordpress.com/2008/03/03/umberto-ecos-definition-of-postmodernism/

https://artsfuse.org/141261/fuse-interview-a-talk-about-postmodernism-with-umberto-eco/

Then Feyerabend's Against Method convinced me that any claims to Truth are
suspicious at best. Further, any claims to any kind of One True Method are
similarly suspicious. (We all know there is no The Scientific Method... but we
can't help our tendency to Grand Unified Models and even the best of us slip
and refer to science as if it has a singular method.)

In any case, I came across this document (preserved by our friend Cosma [‡]):

  http://bactra.org/chomsky-on-postmodernism.html

And I find myself in complete agreement with Chomsky's distrust ... but not his
dismissive stance, assuming it really is written by him. It seems like much of
his complaint could be mitigated if we think of post[modern|structural] hooha
as "method" instead of "theory" or "philosophy". *That's* what was triggered in
my head when Dave wrote "postmodern methods". I then traded "method" for
"analytics" in classifying world-interaction as power vs. truth analytics.
Subconsciously, I think I can't/shouldn't call what little I know of
post[modern|structural] ways of cutting up the world as "method" at all.
(Though this book
<https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14618961-the-transformative-humanities>
challenges that conclusion to an extent, in spite of Epstein's apparent
disappointment with postmodernism.)

So, y'all have, again, helped me be a little more judicious with my language.
Thanks very much! And Happy New Year!

[†] A plea for (some, any hint of a) constructive/generative and scalably
testable framework for interacting with the world, put forth by a
*postmodernist* pragmatist. If it wasn't clear, Rescher's *not* a postmodernist.

[‡] Cosma's got a *lot* of content related to postmodernism. I'm not smart
enough to parse out just *how* disapproving he is of it all, though. 8^) Maybe
he's mostly rubber-necking. It's difficult to pull your eyes off horrible
catastrophe.

--
☣ uǝlƃ