[sigh] Fine. We can change what I wrote from:

  "artifact = model absent the usage context"
  "artifact = model in a non-modeling context"

The toy train isn't a useful example for this distinction. But a wooden sphere
as a model for, say, a baseball, *is* a useful example. In the "sphere models
baseball" context, "model" is properly used. But in another context, say, roll
the wooden sphere down a ramp to measure gravity, the sphere is no longer a
model and a word like "artifact" would be better when pointing to the sphere.

It's very difficult for me to imagine you *not* already having thought of this
yourself. So, by "listening generously", I would have expected you to
understand my phrases like "absent it's contextual analogies" and such. I feel
the same way about my description of how obtuse models can be useful. It's
difficult for me to imagine you haven't *already* considered parallax and
expressibility. And although I appreciate playing at being naive, or practicing
the Socratic method, part of "listening generously" is to "steel man" others'
conceptual constructs (as opposed to "straw man").

In these 2 recent episodes, you could easily have imagined and described to
*me* how obtuse models *might* be found useful. And you could easily have
changed "absent context" to "in a non-modeling context".

--
☣ uǝlƃ