Yes, I agree. If -- big if -- we can talk about the near bottom maps and begin
to plausibly *construct* higher level maps from those *then* the conversation
will be interesting. For these maps to be useful, we need some tools for
deciding how "thick"/deep they are, how long they live, whether they're
structured in hierarchies or dynamic constellations, etc. (Dave's recent posts
hint in these directions, but are still lacking the necessary granularity and
situation in a particular context.)

E.g. the pressure and temperature sensors do double duty to sense other things
like inflammation. That *context* and the way those compose into one map (to
temperature) or another (to inflammation) is exactly the kind of context we'd
need to make any discussion of "metaphor" anything but a trigger word for
nausea.

--
☣ uǝlƃ

FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam