On 10/12/20 9:12 AM, Steve Smith wrote:
> uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ wrote:
>>
>> sunday: Economic Left/Right: -8.75
>> Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.92
>>
>> monday: Economic Left/Right: 7.75
>> Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.9
> Can you name these two humunculii who took these tests?

Yes. The first one was my anarcho-syndicalist (not his buddy who thinks social
democracy is reasonable, but the one who actually believes there is such a
thing as "libertarian" and thinks social democracy is a stepping stone to
authority). The 2nd one is a model I made of a local small business owner with
whom I had an excellent, free ranging, ~3 hour discussion with on Saturday. He
runs the new cider taproom in downtown Olympia, used to organize male and
female sports events for some college, also runs an arcade somewhere, etc. At
the start of the conversation, not knowing anything about me, he began with the
standard "liberal" attitudes. By the end of it, he was revealed to be a fairly
*reasonable* right winger who accepts that most people are liberal. The
conversation sampled a huge space, from violence in the streets, to how to
raise children, gay marriage, drinking venue strategies for attracting
legislators while "in session", etc. We got along very well and agreed on
almost everything. I could easily *be* him if I'd lived his life.

> I tried to self-reflect (after reading your analysis here) on what
> direction or in what manner, taking this test and comparing results with
> others here suggests.   Did I become *more* Liberal/Anti-Authoritarian
> through the process?  Or did I react to the score I got and recalibrate
> myself?   No clear answer.

The test is inherently reflective, designed to change you. I've been taking it
in some form or other since college, when someone accused me of being a
Libertarian and, hence, began going to their meetings. It seems closely akin to
what "talk therapists" and cults do. Ask the right questions, in the right way,
and you'll get the answers you want. What I find irritating is the belief that
what I (or some other nutjob) *say(s)* they think/believe maps to what I (or
some other nutjob) will *do*.

FWIW, I don't actually *care* that it's propaganda and influential ... I'd just
like everyone to engage their executive function while being manipulated. I
like my slaves to *know* they're slaves. >8^D

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam