Why is it arrogant to notice the apparent existence of "rapid-tempo-evolution"
and "glacial-tempo-evolution"; label those observed things "natural" and
"cultural" merely, and only, for sake of convention; and then surmise some
substantial difference in the enabling mechanisms and processes?

"glacial-tempo-evolution" is truly glacial only to those species with long
lifespans. Fruit flies could evolve almost annually.

long-lived species will not adapt quickly enough to climate change and will
likely perish. Probably, most all short lived species will evolve and adapt.

Man, being a long-lived species should — and would, if left to
glacial-tempo-evolution — perish but may not because rapid-tempo-evolution
alters the time-frame for response.

davew