Given some of the conversations I've had with some of y'all about bureaucracy
as technology, I thought this might provide you with some dopaminergic
confirmation:

https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=5675
> What exactly is a blankface? He or she is often a mid-level bureaucrat, but
> not every bureaucrat is a blankface, and not every blankface is a bureaucrat.
> A blankface is anyone who enjoys wielding the power entrusted in them to make
> others miserable by acting like a cog in a broken machine, rather than like a
> human being with courage, judgment, and responsibility for their actions. A
> blankface meets every appeal to facts, logic, and plain compassion with the
> same repetition of rules and regulations and the same blank stare—a blank
> stare that, more often than not, conceals a contemptuous smile.

Personally, I feel the same way about "deadpan" humor. Comedic Blankfaces may
well be hiding a contemptuous smile. *Or* ... or or or, they're more likely
hiding a deep and complex inner life that only finds expression when painfully
extruded through tiny little pin-hole filters forced upon them by modern
society. Blankface humor is the *best* type of humor. And it, at least in my
experience, often helps me find humor where none was intended ... a bit like
Inspector Clouseau, authentically trying to do a good job, but fscking it up
royally. I know I cite Poe's Law a lot. But it's *because* the holographic
principle does not apply to biological organisms that apophenia can be a source
of creative insight.

So, contra Aaronson, Blankfaces are fscking dope. It's the way we *see* and
think about the Blankfaces that's the problem. To quote my dad again, "If you
are bored, then you are boring."

--
☤>$ uǝlƃ

Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam