No, I was "here". I just couldn't read the couchiness thing. About 2 paragraphs
in I felt like I was wasting my time ... which is bad because my time isn't
valuable. And I completely agree with Gil re black flashlights, which means
there's no reason for me to write anything.

The Lerner posts seemed to echo a bit of Jon's and your objection to
bureaucracy, but also evoke a larger argument I've had with several people
about institutional/systemic knowledge. And Jon mentioned "jury nullification"
awhile back, which is a similar subject. *Where* is "the law"? Not only where
is it defined, but also where is it executed/computed? This strikes me as an
unsettled question ... even a couple hundred years on in this experiment.

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ

FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn UTC-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam