Ugh. I sympathize. No answers, here. But I'll kvetch with you. For awhile, I
just turned them all off. Even my clients have to *wait* until I'm ready to
look at their messages. I'm too old to be "on call".

But recently, I've been trying to coerce Pandora to use it's erstwhile "music
genome" to find, ya know, actual similar music ... as opposed to the stupid
garbage other people Thumbs Up. My Nick Shoulders
<https://www.nickshouldersokaycrawdad.com/> station is absolute crap.
Obviously, Pandora can't detect good yodeling and whistling ... all I get are
stupid steel guitar crooners with poser southern accents and Dolly Parton.
[pfft] But, in that attempt, I turned notifications back on for Pandora and now
the damned light stays on like all the damned time. And you can't even swipe
the thing away. I have to go into settings and force stop the app ... which I
happily do because `kill -9` is a fundamental human right.

Back when Lineage OS was ... oh, hell, what was it called? ... whatever ... it
was easy to customize the notification light. I'm "this close" to rooting the
damned phone again and loading a custom rom.

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ

FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn UTC-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam