What always seems to be missing in these discussions is the (my?) always present ability
to [re]parse the world at will. Yes, there are gravity wells or attractors where if you
start insisting on a security detail everywhere you go, you'll end up like Trump, Romney,
or Sanders, surrounded by a nearly impermeable membrane that disallows authentic "go
with the flow" non-consciousness/non-deliberation. But my tendency to (or ability
to) prefer writing a script/macro over doing some computation manually doesn't interfere
in a substantial way with my ability to do the manual labor in any given iteration. The
size of the computation can interfere, but not the attractor.

That's what makes me episodic, the lack of stickiness to whatever
professionalization I've engaged in before. On a humble day, I claim it's because
I'm just too stupid and lazy to really invest in building the attractor. On an
arrogant day, I claim those who build and get stuck in such attractors are
mindless automatons who can't think their way out of a paper bag. >8^D