My wife Deborah publishes a weekly message that she sends to family and
friends.  I thought this week's version might be appropriate for Friam.

From: Deborah Wimberly

The Weekly Offering: As we anticipate the 4th of July, there is cause for
concern about so many things.

                               Fireworks

                     The birth of our nation,
                      the golden idea,
                      now ravaged by myriad works of deceit
                      meant to unhinge the bravest among us.
                      Fireworks could be different this year.
                      The brilliant illusions might ignite
                      the eyes, the arms, the heart of a people
                      in defense of freedom's voice.
                                                       Deborah Wimberly

Here are some voices that have not been silenced despite the challenges
they have faced.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government
when it deserves it."
                      Mark Twain

"The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest,
truthful, and virtuous."
                      Frederick Douglass

"In the face of impossible odds, people who love their country can change
it."
                      Barack Obama

"I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility
that comes with his
freedom"           Bob Dylan

"Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish
from the Earth."
                         Abraham Lincoln

"In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved."
                         Franklin D. Roosevelt

"The advance and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true
liberty.
                         James Madison

"The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off."
                          Gloria Steinem

"I love America better than any other country in this world, and, exactly
for this reason, I insist on the right to
criticize her perpetually."        James Baldwin

Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,
Santa Fe, NM 87505

505 670-9918