Give Up GitHub: The Time Has Come!
https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2022/jun/30/give-up-github-launch/

Output from SMMRY >8^D
https://smmry.com/https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2022/jun/30/give-up-github-launch/#&SM_LENGTH=7
In the central irony, GitHub succeeded where SourceForge failed: they have
convinced us to promote and even aid in the creation of a proprietary system
that exploits FOSS. GitHub profits from those proprietary products.

Specifically, GitHub profits primarily from those who wish to use GitHub tools
for in-house proprietary software development.

Giving up GitHub will require work, sacrifice and may take a long time, even
for us: we at Software Freedom Conservancy historically self-hosted our primary
Git repositories, but we did use GitHub as a mirror.

There are so many good reasons to give up on GitHub, and we list the major ones
on our site.

In other words, GitHub's final position on Copilot is: if you disagree with
GitHub about policy matters related to Copilot, then you don't deserve a reply
from Microsoft or GitHub.

If you're ready to take on the challenge now and give up GitHub today, we note
that CodeBerg and SourceHut are excellent options right now.

This harkens to long-standing problems with GitHub, and the central reason why
we must together give up on GitHub.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam